Saturday, October 4, 2008

ALL THE BLOGS..AND TODAY'S 411

OK, I did start this blog thing a while back..and then well, didn't come back! Life..it gets in the way I guess..but this is something I really wanted to do. So this morning, while reading a blog of someone I don't even know (really..how many people know bloggers in person..right?) and thought of my own that I started and forgot. So, here I am! Which brings me to the title of this page..HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE BLOGS OUT THERE?" I mean seriously people..there's hundreds (maybe thousand or gazillions!)...and they are wonderful! Or at least the ones I've read so far!

Most of the ones I've been reading this morning had to do with junking, and trash to treasure..I love that stuff! And though I don't do much of it..it fascinates me! Whenever I see something really neat at a craft show or on TV..I always say...Who thinks up that neat stuff! Well..bloggers do apparently! Way to go bloggers!

SO...today is a gorgeous day to be alive! I'm actually having a good day today and while it lasts, I want to get a few things done. My number one thing believe it or not, is to clean out the aquarium! Long over-do let me tell ya! And those hose things to get the water out..WONDERFUL!..again..who thinks up this stuff! Bet they're rich! hehe But seriously, it is long over-do and my fish will really be grateful I'm sure.

Let me tell you about my tank..it is, ohh..I think 75 gallons. The guy said it was 100, but me thinks not. And I often drewl over the 200+ gallon ones I see on craigslist or ebay. Oh..and have you SEEN the prices they are asking for just a 20 gallon tank?? OUTRAGEOUS! Sorry..got sidetracked. I have to find the big pots to put the tank "things" in (decorations) to boil them. Try to get the green off. I think I read somewhere to put them in the sun for a few hours..might try that after boiling. I currently have EIGHT fish..count 'em 8..in this tank and they are getting so big that my reasoning to the hubbers about getting the bigger tank..is it's for the fish!! hehe I have two very big Jack Dempseys, two beautiful big orange Blood Parrots, two very docile Oscars, One good size shark and of course a huge sucker fish. They are all (except for the sucker fish..he pretty much stays to himself) full of personality and will even let you pet them! I haven't felt up to cleaning their tank for a while now..so...today is the day!! They don't really like it..but they'll thank me later.

I also have another 45 gallon tank that is home to two beautiful pink kissing fish (can't remember the official name for them at the moment..(((can we say brain fog)) and four spunky tiger barbs..and their tank buddy, another sucker fish. Luckily, their tank is pretty clean (don't ask me how..must be the tank fairy), so I'll just change the filters in that tank.

Today is the THIRD day in a row that we haven't had to turn on the a/c!! Yaaaa! It's been a very long hot summer here in the panhandle and I'm anxious for cooler weather! I do miss the changing colors of the trees back home in Indiana. But after almost 10 years living in the south, you'd think I'd be use to it! Nope..still miss those trees! Here..it's just green one day..and nekid the next! But for today anyway..the leaves are still here and green and the sun is shinning and the humidity is low low low! A very pleasant 69 degrees! YAAA!!!

So I am off...(yes, I've been told that many a time!!)...to tend to my fish! Hopefully I won't get sidetracked, or be knocked down by an unexpected flare...and today will continue to be the beautiful day it is!

Heck..for all I know...no one will read this..but just in case...any seasoned blogger out there..can you tell me how you make your pages look so cool? I mean it's almost like myspace..changing backgrounds and adding things (yes, I'm a myspacer! lol)..if you know..I would love some advice and direction!

Have a wonderful, memory making, productive day my friends!

Until next time from Mossy Pond!

Yours Truly!

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of free templates available now. You can google for it and changing templates is easy.

    Yes, i stumbled upon your blog and am reading your blog right now :-)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete